Racquetball is all the hype these days, and people are drooling over this sport in 2022. But, when playing racquetball, you cannot compromise on the quality of your shoes because footwork is really important in the game.
Most shoes available out there are not suitable for playing racquetball, and the decision becomes even harder if you are a beginner in this game.
That is the very reason why we have brought the 8 best shoes for racquetball this year that could not only improve your game but will also provide you comfort like never before. So, fasten your seat belts and let’s get right into it.
Best Shoes for Racquetball
All of the shoes we are listing below are suitable for playing racquetball, and we have jotted them down after a lot of research, so you can most certainly count on them. Also, each one of these shoes is of high quality so, pick whichever one suits your needs.
1. Adidas Men’s Barricade 12 Racquetball Shoe
Adidas is a leading brand in men’s sports shoes, and it also has a racquetball shoe collection from which the Barricade 12 is the finest one. This particular shoe has a synthetic sole that makes the game as comfortable as ever for you.
The lacing system is also designed specifically to match the midfoot for a perfect fit. In the heels, foam pods are inserted that provides not only great support but also comfort and speed while playing. Considering the fact that this shoe is from Adidas, we cannot really argue about the quality as it is top-notch.
TPU elements of this shoe are also very durable and keep it intact for longer. Adidas Barricade also provides you with enough bounce, which helps a lot while playing. Major bounce is provided by this shoe in the midsole where you need it the most. This Adidas pair also has a very attractive and unique design.
- The weight of this pair is 1.85 pounds
- Adidas Barricade 12 has a synthetic sole
- It is a very attractive pair with blue, green and white colours
- The pair is available in different sizes
- This shoe has a Geofit system that adds a lot of comfort and convenience to it.
- All the materials used in the show are of high quality
- The outlook of the shoe is very attractive
- It is highly durable
- It offers an elite level of comfort
- The tongue has a slippery nature initially
- Laces are not thick enough and don’t stay in one place
2. Adidas Men’s Gamecourt Wide Tennis Shoe
This is yet another great pair of shoes by Adidas, and though it was originally made to play tennis, it can be just as good for racquetball. Adidas Gamecourt shoe is made from 100% synthetic material which makes it really durable and reliable like most shoes by Adidas, which makes it one of the best shoes for racquetball.
The rubber sole of this shoe makes sure that you are getting the maximum level of comfort, and it does not cause foot ache even after hours of gaming. The design of this particular shoe is very decent and elegant as it is completely white with just a slight hint of blue stripes that elevate its outlook.
Another great thing about this shoe is that it is extremely lightweight because of its mesh upper. Also, you don’t have to worry about breathability as the material is very breathable. The whole shoe is designed in such a way that it provides you with an elite level of support and improves your balance.
- Has a cushioned midsole for additional support and comfort
- The outsole of this shoe provides a very sturdy grip while playing
- The mesh material on the upper side of the shoe is highly breathable
- Gamecourt shoe roughly weighs 3 pounds, and it is quite wide
- This pair provides just the right type of balance with the rubber sole
- These shoes are very lightweight and comfortable to wear
- They can be used for racquetball as well as for tennis
- Adidas gamecourt is specifically made for wide feet
- These shoes are very sturdy and reliable
- Perfect for professional racquetball players
- The tongue area could be a little too tight
- You cannot break into these shoes easily
3. ASICS Men’s Upcourt 4 Court Shoes
These are some of the most stylish pairs of shoes you will ever come across. ASICS is also made with 100% synthetic material, and the leather used in these shoes is of really high quality. Mesh is also used in the making of these shoes as the upper part of the shoe is mostly made with mesh.
This mesh material is responsible for making this shoe very lightweight and highly breathable. The sole of the shoe is made with rubber which makes it very comfortable to wear, and the colour of the sole is yellowish that looks really cool too.
This shoe is specifically designed to provide you with the best kind of fit, and that is the very reason why this pair is one of the best shoes for racquetball. Also, the rubber used in the sole is Gumsole rubber which is more durable than the regular ones, and it also provides additional traction.
- The weight of this pair is 1.55 pounds which makes it very lightweight
- It is highly flexible and provides the highest level of support
- Made with high-quality leather, rubber and mesh material
- Airflow is abundant in the show because of mesh
- The grip is also elite with the rubber gum sole
- All the materials used in the shoe are of premium quality
- It provides comfort and convenience at the same time
- Helps with faster and balanced steps during the game
- The arch support of this shoe is elite
- The laces are a little too short
- The insole is not padded properly, so it feels hard
4. Adidas Men’s Barricade 12 Racquetball Shoe
Though we have already reviewed Adidas Barricade 12, these particular ones are in a very different and unique colour. The design and colour of these shoes are what makes them really attractive as well as trendy from all the other pairs.
There is mesh lining on the front and back of the shoe just so your feet don’t become all sweaty and slippery while playing racquetball, and you have airflow to let your feet breathe. If we look at the colour scheme of this shoe, it is really interesting too, and we can most certainly call it one of the best shoes for racquetball.
Adidas Barricade 12 is completely white with a big text on the side that says “Adidas” in black colour along with bright orange details on the front, back and bottom of the shoe. The sole is particularly attractive, and it is made with synthetic material. This pair is a true example of comfort and efficiency.
- These shoes have a very tuned lacing system for the perfect fit
- The colour scheme of this Barricade 12 is very bright and attractive
- The midsole gives a very swift and comfortable bounce
- The TPU elements of this pair are great too
- The weight of these shoes is 1.85 pounds
- Really stiff and hardy built, perfect for professional racquetball
- The soles provide just the right balance of grip
- This shoe has the finest ankle support you can get
- The lacing is not symmetric, so it does not put pressure on feet
- You need at least 4 -5 hours of play to break into these shoes
- Soles are a bit sticky
5. ASICS Women’s Upcourt 4 Court Shoes
This shoe is the same version of ASICS men’s upcourt 4, but it is made specifically for women. It is one of the finest and best shoes for racquetball mainly because of its design and built. The rubber sole of this shoe makes it a perfect choice for those who are looking for comfort and support.
ASICS women’s upcourt 4 is known to be really flexible and provide the highest level of flexibility that could change your whole racquetball game. When talking about durability, the material of this shoe is so good that it does not wear or tear easily, which makes it the best shoes for racquetball.
The shoe also has quite a lot of mesh panelling in the front and backside, which makes it a very breathable and lightweight pair that provides enough airflow to your feet. The grip of this shoe is also unmatched because the rubber sole holds the ground sturdily and does not let you fall slip.
- The weight of these shoes is 1.46 pounds.
- It is made with synthetic leather of the highest quality, along with rubber soles.
- This shoe has mesh panelling that makes it breathable and lightweight
- The rubber sole is used to improve traction when you are in court
- It’s built makes sure to provide stability and flexibility during the game
- The support this pair provides is perfect to increase efficiency in-game
- This pair is very comfortable to play in
- The material used in this show is great, which makes it really durable
- This pair is also very lightweight and flexible
- Not suitable for wide feet
- Insole is not removable
6. HEAD Men’s Sonic 2000 MID Racquetball
Head Men’s Sonic 2000 has to be one of the most aesthetically pleasing shoes you have ever come across, mainly because of its colour and design. It is made with synthetic leather, which not only makes it very durable but also reliable for professional racquetball games.
These shoes have non-marking rubber, which means they provide maximum friction and reduce the chances of slipping during the big game. The thing that makes a shoe genuinely comfortable is its midsole, and Head Men’s Sonic 2000 has a great EVA midsole.
The support of this pair is also pretty impressive too, and its frame is specifically designed to maximize support from tongue to heels. It also provides pretty decent and reasonable cushioning to your feet and gives a perfect grip.
- It weighs 2.05 pounds
- Made with high quality and synthetic leather
- Provides great support and has a proper frame
- Comes in different sizes
- It has a non-marking rubber sole
- Has abundant cushioning
- Does not affect grip even when moving really swiftly
- The shoe is perfect for long term use
- The material is of high quality
- Provides enough support
- The inner sole is loose
- Inside mesh of the shoe can wear out
7. ASICS Men’s Netburner Ballistic FF MT Volleyball Shoes
This shoe is designed to play volleyball, but you can also play racquetball with it, and it provides unmatched grip and support. Netburner Ballistic is yet another great shoe by the ASICS, and it is also quite reliable per se.
Netburner Ballistic FF is a very lightweight shoe, and because of its airy nature, it bounces really well in the court. The rubber outsole maximizes the grip of this shoe. When talking about durability, there is nothing better than ASICS shoe because it does not wear out easily.
It also has an EVA insole that makes sure that you don’t get all uncomfortable while playing. The Ortholite sock liner is specifically installed in the shoe just so it can soak up all the sweat, and you don’t have to worry about fungal infections too. All these things make this pair the best shoes for racquetball.
- The height of the heel is 22mm
- It weighs 2.16 pounds
- Uses flyte foam technology for bounce
- Rubber outsole gives durability to the pair
- The complete frame of this pair provides abundant support
- The shoes by this brand are highly reliable
- These pair offer maximum performance and efficiency
- Provides comfort and convenience at the same time
- These shoes are also very lightweight
- Not suitable for wide feet
- Does not provide enough ankle support
8. Head Men’s Sprint Pro Indoor Shoe
This pair is made with highly breathable mesh that makes it not only comfortable but lightweight too. The quality of this pair is absolutely premium, and it also contains non-marking rubber, and as we already informed you, non-marking rubber provides the finest grip and maximum friction.
The design of this pair is interesting too because it has a lot of bright colours, which makes it even more prominent. We need comfort and maximum support during racquetball, and this pair offers both without any hassle, and that is why it is one of the best shoes for racquetball.
It uses micro-fit technology, and its core layer is made with vinyl material that provides maximum stability during vigorous gaming. The heel is made with polyurethane that adds a lot to the overall support of the shoe, and the tongue and vamp have mesh material that makes them highly breathable.
- This pair weighs 2.75 pounds.
- The heel is made with thermoplastic polyurethane material
- It provides medial protection with a rubber sole
- The mesh lining of the shoe provides breathability
- The core layer of the shoe is made with vinyl acetate
- No shoe can provide better stability than this
- It lasts for a very long time because of its durable material
- Hugs the feet for maximum support
- Perfect for professional racquetball players
- They are slightly heavy than conventional racquetball shoes
- It takes some time to break into these
Buying Guide for Racquetball Shoes
Now that you have gone through all our best picks and best shoes for racquetball, it is time to find out exactly what you need to consider before buying these shoes. Racquetball is a game of swift movements, stability, and proper grip, and you need to have certain qualities in a shoe to qualify for being just the right type of racquetball shoe. Let’s look into it in detail:
Midsoles are mainly responsible for an elite level of comfort, but when professional players play, they often ignore comfort because the midsole of sturdy shoes is often very uncomfortable. But, for better racquetball performance, make sure that your shoe has cushioning in the midsoles.
This improves your gameplay and helps you concentrate better, along with increasing your comfort level. Buffers are also a pretty good option for midsoles as they give the perfect kind of bounce without making your landings unpleasant. You also recover really quick with buffers, so they should also be a part of the midsole of your shoes.
The type of ankle support that racquetball players need is not usually offered by usual joggers, and that is what makes racquetball shoes so unique. The shoes you are going for should not only provide you with enough ankle support but should also give you enough space for proper movements.
If the shoe you are getting does not have ankle support like most running joggers, you will end up damaging your ankle. So, if you need proper movements without worrying about ankle damage, make sure to go for shoes that provide enough ankle support.
The outer sole of your shoe should provide adequate traction to your feet, and only then will it qualify to be one of the best shoes for racquetball. The best material for improved traction is the gum rubber sole, but it tends to wear out quite easily.
Another great outsole material is polyurethane, so you can also consider a shoe that has a sole made of this material. The patterns in the outer sole also determine how great it is going to be in grip, and the best outer sole patterns for racquetball usually are circular and herringbone, so make sure your shoes have these.
Having flexible shoes is one of the most important things during racquetball because you constantly need to move in different directions. It makes the uppers pull consistently, and sometimes, this pulling and pushing can damage the upper quite a lot if it is not specifically designed for racquetball.
But, in the best shoes for racquetball, the upper is made with mesh material, so no matter how much you move laterally, it won’t affect your shoes. This mesh material is also known to provide flexibility and proper support to your feet, and it is breathable too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1: Can I use tennis shoes for racquetball?
Ans: Yes, if the tennis shoes provide enough support and flexibility, you can use them too for playing racquetball. In fact, we have also added tennis shoes to this list because they usually are great with comfort, and you can improve your game quite a lot with them. Just make sure that you are not wearing running joggers because they are not good for the health of your ankles.
Q.2: What type of shoes are best for racquetball?
Ans: The best shoes for racquetball usually have a gum sole, and they provide maximum friction and grip while playing. There are quite a lot of shoes that have gum soles on our list, so you can consider buying any of them. Gum soles also provide quite a lot of traction that you need during playing so, the finest type of shoes you could go for are the ones with gum soles.
Q.3: Do racquetball shoes slip?
Ans: No, racquetball shoes have very strong traction, and they do not slip more often. If you buy shoes that are specifically made for playing racquetball, you will notice that these shoes have maximum friction, and they also don’t tend to slip on slippery surfaces.
Almost all the shoes in our list are slip-resistant because of their sole. So, you can pick any of them, but the ones with circular patterns on the sole perform better in reducing the chances of slipping during playing. If you think that slipping might be a problem for you, then you can also consider buying the best shoes for racquetball with gum soles.
Check the short video about Best Shoes for Racquetball
There are so many things that make a racquetball shoe the finest and for you to decide which one is best is harder than ever with so many options available in the market. So, we have listed the best shoes for racquetball you can find out there because of their performance and features.
Just buy the ones that are comfortable on your feet and make sure always to choose just the right size because size can affect your performance quite a lot. Comfort is everything when playing games like racquetball and tennis, and that is why we have listed the shoes that provide the maximum level of comfort.
Have a great game day!