Letting your kids play sports (snooker to be more specific) is an exciting way to relieve them of stress, and a fun thing to do. There are different varieties of pool tables you can find online. However, we have narrowed our search for some of the best pool tables for kids.
In this article, we intend to review some of the best pool tables for kids and discuss more about what makes them so special. So, sit back and keep reading as it promises to be intriguing.
But before we give you the review of some of the best pool tables for kids, it’s important for you to understand what to look out for when purchasing it. That way, you can make a more informed decision.
Factors To Consider When Buying Pool Table For Kids
Before you invest your money in a pool table, you need to consider the level. The level is important for the balance and this is usually based on the structure and material a specific table is built with.
Pool tables take up a significant amount of space, so you need to consider this before investing your money in any. You need to consider the space for both the table and players to move around and shoot the ball. Ensure you measure your space before making a purchase, or better still consider pool tables that can be folded away.
This will help you use your space effectively, regardless of how small it might be.
The quality of a table also determines how valuable it is. A properly built table will usually have an H pattern and be made with ply wood or other sold wood. The frame would also be at least 1½ inches thick. It’s also important for you to figure out what holds the table together. Avoid pool tables that are held together with wood screws, ad. they are difficult to assemble and reassemble.
Similar to any other item you want to buy, you need to consider your budget when shopping for pool tables for kids. Contrary to popular belief, expensive items aren’t always the best, so you need to carry out adequate research. There are so many budget-friendly pool tables that you can get.
1. Mainstreet Classics 20-Inch Tabletop Miniature
This is one of the best pool tables for kids. This table is quite portable as it is easy to move around to any destination you intend to use.
Even though this table isn’t large, it doesn’t limit the features which you would find in other Arcade-style tables.
Key features & Benefits
- Portable size: Due to its portable size, it can be easily carried from one location to another where you can have fun. However, you may also need either a table or a flat surface to enjoy its use.
- Comes with two cues: This tabletop miniature billiard has a resin triangle, two cues, and it even comes with a complete set of billiard balls.
- Easy to store: Considering its size, it doesn’t occupy much space and can be stored when you no longer want to make use of it.
Pros & Cons
The following represents the advantages and disadvantages of using this tabletop miniature billiard.
- It doesn’t occupy much space and it is great to carry around whenever there’s a condensed social gathering.
- Storing it isn’t much of a problem considering its portable size.
- It is quite convenient to make use of, especially as it has similar features to a full size arcade table.
- This table pool is inexpensive and one you can have fun with.
- Giving its size, you may need to have a flat surface in order to create a balance.
- Not the ideal table for kids to learn the game or to have a real match with.
Irrespective of its few negative points, it is still being considered as one of the best pool tables for kids.
What is the price of the Mainstreet Classics Table Top Billiards?
This is an affordable pool table to purchase as it is relatively less expensive. Acquiring one shouldn’t cost the buyer more than $90. Depending on the store, you can get it for $79.99 to $90.
What are people saying about the Mainstreet Classics Table Top Billiards?
It would interest you to know that there are a couple of opinions concerning this pool table. Some people are content with the fact that it weighs just 6 lbs as you don’t need to exert much force to move it around.
Others have an issue with its portable size even though it is a convenient table pool to have for fun.
2. Mini Tabletop Pool Set- Billiards
This mini tabletop pool set happens to be one of the best pool tables for kids. This item weighs 2.81 kilograms with a dimension of 20.25 x 12.25 x 3.5 inches (LxWxH).
Key features & Benefits
- No age limit: This table top pool set isn’t meant for a particular age group as kids and adults can enjoy it. This is a perfect toy which a family can enjoy, especially during game night.
- Portable size: The key feature about this table top pool set is its portable size. It is relatively small and can fit in where the space is a little bit tight.
- Excellent design: The design is similar to a regular oversized Billiards table. It is made of wood and offers a great opportunity to enhance your skills, especially when it comes to taking shots.
Pros & Cons
The following are the pros and cons of this Mini Tabletop Pool Set- Billiards.
- Easy to store: This mini tabletop pool set is easy to store due to its portable size. It can fit perfectly in a desk drawer and can be pulled out whenever you intend on having fun.
- Complete set: There’s nothing like having fun when all the right pieces are in place. Aside from the fact that it has 15 Billiards boards, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a separate triangle rack as it comes with everything similar to a normal sized Billiards table.
- It is more or less a tiny version of the real size. Thus, not everyone might enjoy it.
- It is void of a carrying case.
- While both kids and children can enjoy it, this pool table isn’t advisable for younger kids under the ages of 3 years due to its choking hazard.
What are people saying about this mini table pool set- billiards?
A lot of people view it as the ideal travel pool table due to its low weight. Also, people are satisfied with the balls as they had feared it would be made of plastic. The general consensus about this mini table pool set is that it is just the perfect game to have at home or wherever fun place you find yourself.
3. Miniature Desktop Pool Table
This an interesting pool table and one that can be considered to be among the top best pool table for kids. It weighs 4.85 pounds with a dimension of 17.72 x 18.11 x 24.02 inches (LxWxH).
Key features & Benefits
- Portable in size: This mini pool table is not only portable, but also doesn’t weigh much. Making it an ideal game to gift someone or just enhance your shooting skills.
- Comes with a complete set: What you are most likely to find attached to it are 16 balls, a triangle rack, 2 cues, a brush and also a chalk.
Pros & Cons
The following represents the advantages and disadvantages of the miniature desktop pool table.
- Can be enjoyed by both kids and adults within the age range of 4 to 50 years.
- Easy to transport as it is relatively portable in size.
- Inexpensive item to purchase. The good thing is, you do not have to break the bank for you to purchase one.
- It can also be offered as a gift. This pool table would be appreciated by people who are into playing pool games, especially those who are looking for ways to sharpen their skills
- Not suitable for kids within the age bracket of 2 to 3 years as it has choking hazard
- In order to use it, you would have to assemble it yourself.
What Do People Have to Say about The Miniature Desktop Pool Table?
This pool table is highly rated globally. A lot of users are comfortable with its price, especially as it is inexpensive when compared to an actual sized pool table. Also, kids are most likely to enjoy it especially considering its size.
The overall feedback received from this product is impressive, and on a scale of 1 to 10, this product rates 8 from all indications. This is why it can comfortably be regarded as one of the best pool tables for kids.
4. Portzon Mini Pool Table, Mini Snooker Game Set
This mini pool table weighs 3.27 kilograms with a dimension of 24.5 x 15 x 3 inches (L x W x H). It is one of the best pool tables for kids and can also be enjoyed by adults too. This mini pool table has similar material to a regular standard ball.
Key features & Benefits
- Different accessories: It comes with a Billiard brush, a Billiard chalk, a Tripod, 15 colourful balls, and a 2 pool cue.
- No age limits: This mini pool table doesn’t have an age restriction, as it can be played by both kids and adults.
- Fantastic design: This mini pool table has a realistic design and it is similar to a standard pool table. It is not only made of wood but also the accessories fit perfectly for its size.
- Compact: It has a portable size and is the right fit for places with limited space. It can literally fit in condensed areas such as the kids playroom.
Pros & Cons
What then are the advantages and disadvantages of this mini pool table?
- Easy to transport: Due to its lightweight, a user can easily carry it from one area to another condensed area.
- Value for money: Aside from the fact that it is an inexpensive table to have, it provides good value for money as you wouldn’t be spending much when compared to purchasing the standard pool table.
- Giftable: It could also be offered as a gift to either a love one or a friend.
- Assemble required: In order to start using it, you will have to assemble it by yourself as there are procedures you need to follow
- Resistance to ball movement: Given its size, you would have to exert some level of force in order for the call to move.
What’s the Verdict?
This mini pool table is highly rated and with all the right features, accessories, it can comfortably be referred to as one of the best pool tables for kids.
5. Matty’s Toy Stop Deluxe Wooden 20″ Mini Table
This mini tabletop neon pool comes in different colours and weighs 5.5 pounds. It is made of wood and has a dimension of 20.5 x 12.5 x 4 inches (L x W x H). So, what then makes it one of the best pool tables for kids? Keep reading to find out more.
Features & Benefits
- For kids & adults: This is an incredibly good table top pool game that can be enjoyed by not just kids, but also adults. It takes two players to enjoy this game. It is suitable for kids who are 6 years of age upwards.
- Full set: There are several items that come along with this 20 inch board table, such as; 15 coloured balls, 2 pool sticks, a single cue ball, and Neon accents.
- Small size: This pool table is identical in terms of appearance to a real Billiards table. The size of this pool table makes it more flexible given the fact that the user can have it set up at any space.
Pros & Cons
This mini table neon pool has some advantages and disadvantages just like every other pool table.
- Lightweight: Due to this pool table weighing 5.5 pounds, it can easily be moved and carried about as it is lightweight.
- Varieties of colours: It has a different variety of colours to select from. So, this means that you can choose either Yellow, Blue, Orange, Neon, Green, Red, and even Black.
- Assembly not needed: The good thing about this pool table is that there’s absolutely no need to assemble it before use.
- Game room not needed: This is a pool table that can be setup anywhere irrespective of whether there is a game room or not.
- Choking hazard: While this pool table is a great game to connect with family and friends, it isn’t suitable for kids below the ages of 3 due to its choking hazard.
- The user would need a stable or a flat surface in order to make use of it
- For some, it might appear too small to enjoy.
What’s the verdict?
While this table represents good value for money, and also one of the best pool tables for kids, it has a few complaints most especially from adults. Notwithstanding, the comments for this pool table are quite encouraging. Plus, it should be made known that the rating is slightly above average and after looking critically at this toy, it is not entirely a bad table.
6. Rally and Roar Tabletop Pool Table Set
The Rally and Roar tabletop pool table has an attractive design and has a realistic feeling to it. This pool table weighs 14.3 pounds, comes in different colours for the user to choose, with a table dimension of 40 x 20 x 9 inches (L x W x H).
Key features & Benefits
- Right accessories: What you are likely going to see are its complete accessories. Such as; a single ball rack, a single brush, 2 cues with length of 36″, 2 pieces of chalk and lastly, 1-3/8” billiard balls.
- Convenient design: This pool table is not only sturdy, but also has a compact design. This design is suitable for kids and adults.
- Made of wood: The frame material, the base material and also the material itself is made of wood.
- Realistic play: This 40-inch pool table has a realistic play to it. All the user needs to do is to have it assembled in a few steps and start playing.
Pros & Cons
The Rally and Roar tabletop pool table has some pros and cons. Let’s have a look at them.
- Safe to use: The good thing about using this pool table is that you do not have to worry about scratching your furniture or rather leaving marks on it. This is as a result of it having foam padded legs.
- Saves space: This pool table is an excellent space saver as it can fit in nicely wherever it is being placed.
- Quality accessories: The accessories are of top quality with each of these accessories having a similar look to a real pool table.
- Value for money: This pool table is suitable for novice or people who are interested in learning how to play pool, most especially kids. Thus, it represents good value for money.
- Assembly required: It doesn’t come pre-installed as the user would be expected to attach the 4 legs and screw it properly, which might prove tasking for some individuals.
- Small pockets: While it is a pool table for both sexes of any age, it is a bit difficult for adults to retrieve the ball. So, if the user has big hands, then he or she must be careful when retrieving the ball.
What are people saying about the Rally and Roar Tabletop Pool Table Set
The general consensus about this pool table is that it is of high quality, budget friendly and great to use, especially as it doesn’t take up a large chunk of space.
Globally, people are quite impressed with this table as it is highly rated. Thus, the ratings as well as the all round quality makes it one of the best pool tables for kids.
7. Playcraft Sport Bank Shot 40” Pool Table
On our final list of the best pool tables for kids is the playcraft sport bank shot 40 inch pool table. This pool table weighs 20.5 pounds with a dimension of 40 x 20 x 9 inches (L x W x H). Both the base and frame material being used here is Engineered wood.
Key Features & Benefits
- Complete equipment included: This is a mini pool table to have fun, especially as the equipment is complete. What you would most definitely see are; 15 ball rack, a single chalk, a single brush, set of billiard balls, and a 36″ cue length.
- Very sturdy: This mini pool table is very sturdy and doesn’t fall off easily.
- Quality material: Engineered wood, cherry are of top quality, especially the base and frame section.
Pros & Cons
The Playcraft Sport Bank Shot pool table has some pros and cons. Let’s have a look at them.
- Lightweight: It is lightweight and for that, it can easily be moved from one section to another, most especially when not in use.
- Varieties of colours: The good thing about this mini pool table is that, you can choose between Green, blue and Red as these colours are available.
- It is affordable: This is a budget friendly mini pool table that you can simply purchase without parting with a substantial amount of money.
- Limited pockets: The downside to this mini pool table is that it can’t accommodate different balls, with its limit set at 3.
- Assembly required: Before use, the user would have to have it assembled.
- Not adjustable: Once the legs are fixed, it is difficult or rather impossible to adjust the legs.
What is the verdict?
This playcraft sports bank shot 40-inch pool table is durable as it can be enjoyed for a very long time. Also, it has a good rating as lots of customers are satisfied with it. Thus, a great choice to make when deciding on getting a mini pool table.
6 Year-old billiard prodigy playing with a mini pool table
We have successfully looked at what each of the aforementioned best pool tables for kids entails. From their respective features to their cons. Also, they are all very much affordable and represent a great game which can be played across different age brackets. Finally, getting either of them could prove to be a good choice to make in the long run.