Are you looking for the best pickleball training aids because you cannot master the game without these aids? Pickleball became an absolute favorite game of people staying indoors in 2022, and we are hoping that in 2022, more people will indulge in this sport.
But, finding just the right type of training aids for pickleball is not easy because there are so many options available, and it is harder to decide which one to pick. That is the very reason why we are here with this guide. So, keep reading, and you will find the best pickleball training aids that we have come across so far.
7 Best Pickleball Training Aids 2022
The top 7 pickleball training aids that we are listing have positive reviews from across the globe, and consumers love them, which is why they are on this list among the best ones.
1. PowerNet 7×7 ft Portable Pickleball Trainer
If you are looking for a tennis net for your training, this has to be your ultimate stop. This net is strong enough to withstand all types of shots, and it will stay intact for years to come. The material of this net is also very sturdy, making it a reliable option for pickleball enthusiasts.
The base frame of this net is made with steel, and that is why it stays in place even when you hit aggressive shots. It has the design of a vertical bow, and fibreglass adds a lot to it because it is one of the most reliable materials for making nets.
The problem with most nets is that they take about half an hour in setting up, but with this net, you will hardly need 2 minutes, and it will be ready for practice. You don’t even need a lot of tools or bolts for setting this net up as it stands on its own and does not fall off with hard hits.
The good thing about this net is that you can not only use it outdoors, but it is also suitable for playing pickleball indoors. It is very easy to carry around too and comes with a portable bag so you can also take it with you to picnics and outings while enjoying some quality time.
· The measurements of this net are 7×7, making it a perfect average-sized net.
· The front net can be detached from the overall structure whenever needed
· Comes with a net frame, a bag to carry it and one net itself
· Made with high-quality fibreglass and nylon
· The base is made with metal steel
· It is very sturdy
· Reliable and does not wear off easily
· Sets up within 2 minutes
· Highly portable and easy to carry
· Not designed for toddlers
· You cannot adjust or fix the tension of this net
2. Tourna Pickleball Pickup Tube for Pickleballs
Picking up the ball over and over again while playing pickleball can not only be disturbing, but it can also waste a lot of your time. So, to solve this problem, we have a Tourna pickleball pickup tube which is one of the best pickleball training aids you can find out there.
This tube works when you place it on top of your ball as it sucks it up, and you get the ball without bending over hundreds of times. The capacity of this ball holder is also a lot more than the conventional ones because it holds around 17 balls at a time.
If you are wondering that this tool will only be helpful with a certain size of the ball, then you are wrong because it can pick up and hold almost all sizes of pickleball, thanks to its efficient propriety intake system.
Emptying this tube is also very easy as you just need to turn it over into a bucket, and all the balls will fall out. Also, the lightweight and compact design make it easier to use and carry around during the play. It is a must-have tool whether you are new to pickleball or a professional pickleball player.
· It can hold up to 17 balls at a time.
· The tube is made of high-quality material and is reliable
· Comes with a fence hook that is built-in
· Made with propylene
· It weighs about 1.25 pounds
· Makes pickleball training a lot easier and more fun
· Lasts for a long time if used with care
· Easy to empty
· It can fit in all sizes of balls
· The teeth of the picker are not sturdy enough
· Does not have a strap, making it harder to carry
3. Tourna Rally Pro Adjustable Tilt Rebound Net
We are personally fond of this net mainly because it is suitable for people of all ages and even toddlers can play pickleball with this net. The company has designed this net in such a way that it won’t be damaged even after you play pickleball for hours so, what else do you need for flawless training?
If you are concerned about the height or length of the rebound, you don’t have to worry because it has a highly adjustable tilt for people of all heights. This net also looks very professional, and it would impress your colleagues as it is one of the best pickleball training aids.
Whether you need your ball to bounce or rebound, this net does it all because you just need to tilt it a little backward for a perfect rebound or just bring it forward for just the right type of bounce that you have been looking for. You need to assemble this net from scratch, which obviously requires some skills, but it is super-portable, so you can even place it in garages and driveways without any hassle.
The best thing about this net is that it offers you a very wide surface for hitting, which most beginners usually need, and not a lot of good quality nets provide this kind of wide surface. Moreover, this size of this net is also perfect for everyday use and training and even your children can use it for their pickleball training so, go for it.
· The height of this net is 7 feet, and it is also 7 feet wide
· Provides both rebounds and bounce with just a few tweaks
· Very sturdy and robust design to withstand aggressive shots
· Made with high-quality material that does not make it saggy
· Can fit into tight spaces like garages and driveways
· It is very lightweight and easy to carry
· Provides a very wide hitting surface
· The height of this net is also highly adjustable
· Suitable for people of all ages
· It requires assembling, which can take a lot of time
· Rebound net might sag with time
4. Tourna Pickleball Deluxe Caddy With Wheels
If you are looking for a good trainer aid in which you can carry both indoor and outdoor pickleballs, then you don’t have to worry anymore because Tourna has got you covered. This caddy comes with wheels which are very rare but also very practical, and it also makes the caddy easy to move around.
There is a very crucial problem with other caddies available on the internet, which is that they are very heavy and bulky. But, Tourna has specifically made this caddy to be lightweight and super easy to carry. It weighs around 50% less than those caddies available in the market, which is a very impressive number and the biggest selling point of this caddy.
It is made with polypropylene which is highly durable and does not wear off so easily. The polypropylene used in this caddy is double-enforced which makes it even more reliable. You can also lock the handles with the patented locking system of this caddy, making it one of the perfect pickleball training aids.
It contains sliding bars that help a lot when you are carrying this caddy from one place to another place, and they prevent the balls from falling out. The height of this deluxe caddy is also perfect for people with average heights, and even teenagers or toddlers can use this tool for carrying or holding their balls during a match.
· It weighs around 4.5 pounds which are 50% less than other caddies in the market.
· Comes with a patented lock system for extra security and efficiency
· The height of this caddy is 33.5 inches
· This caddy has wheels for easy transport
· It has the capacity to hold 45 pickleball at a time
· Perfect for picking up and storing all sizes of balls
· Just one press will get the ball inside this hopper
· Very lightweight and reliable
· The holders of this hopper can turn upside down
· It requires assembling, which can be difficult for beginners
· It is expensive
5. New Team Speed Agility And Quickness Training Kit
It is one of the best pickleball training aids you can find out there mainly because you get everything you need in this kit. If you are new to pickleball, there is a DVD as well in this kit which you can later download and learn the game from beginning to end. This DVD can make you a pro in pickleball.
If you are a fan of jump rope and diagram and you think that they help you a lot in your pickleball training and keep you active, then go for this kit as it contains both these things. Ankle resistance stepper is one of those things that you should have whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, which is why it is included in this kit.
This kit also comes with different resistance training objects like a harness and agility ladder that are perfect for you if you are looking for some hardcore training for your professional pickleball. It also comes with a bag to carry all these things around without any hassle.
The quality of all the objects included in this kit is very high, and they are made from high-quality material. This kit is specifically made for people who are training for pickleball or other hardcore sports. The adjustable parachute in this kit is very unique, and it is not included in other kits of this kind.
· Includes a DVD that can be downloaded
· The carrying bag is very heavy duty
· The adjustable hurdles range from 8 inches to 12 inches
· Also includes agility cones for training
· Contains a reaction ball with 6 sides
· Trains you for better speed and strength
· Helps with developing skills that help in pickleball
· Made with highly durable and reliable material
· Builds up the body muscles involved in playing sports
· Parachute’s stitching is not good enough
· It is expensive, considering the quality
6. OnCourt OffCourt Magnetic Dry Erase Coach’s Board
This coach’s board is just the right tool for you if you have just started training for pickleball and need some visual guidance to understand the court dimensions better. It is a dry erase board which means you can draw and then erase whatever you want on the board.
This board has 2 different sides, which makes it even easier to make strategies and note down instructions for the pickleball game. The magnetic function of this board also helps a lot with training for a better game and making just the right type of game strategy.
It is just the right board for pickleball and one of the best pickleball training aids you can find out there. Make sure to include this board in your kit because it will elevate the quality of your game and make you more organized and strategic while helping you understand the dimensions better.
Marker and magnets are also included with the board, so you have everything you need to start a day full of pickleball play. Size of this board is not too big, so it is not heavy either and can be carried around quite easily. The Colour of the mainboard is green, while the central part that depicts the court is blueish in colour.
· Gives you options of either using the magnets or marker to practice dimensions of the court
· The board is 2 sided, making it easier to expand your practice
· This board contains 5 magnets and one dry-erase marker
· Both sides of magnets are magnetic and can stick to the board easily
· Made of high-quality material
· Helps with better strategy making
· Perfect for beginners in pickleball
· Lasts a very long time
· Very easy to carry and lightweight
· The dry erase marker is not of good quality
· The number of magnets should be increased
7. Ballszie- The Ultimate Pickleball Holder
If you are looking for a pickleball holder that is aesthetically pleasing, serves the purpose and makes you look very stylish at the same time, then you have landed at the right place. The turquoise colour of this bag is very attractive and makes it prominent from even a distance.
Moreover, this bag has the capacity to hold 6 to 8 pickleball at one time which makes it one of the best pickleball training aids you can find. The best thing about this bag is that it is suitable for literally everyone, and even kids can use it as a pickleball holder.
The problem with other pickleball holders is that they do not keep the balls in one place securely. But, with this holder, your balls will stay at one place whether you jump, bend or run. You don’t have to constantly bend over to pick up balls as you will have enough stock in your bag.
The material of this bag is of very high quality as it is made with nylon and polyester, which are some of the best materials for pickleball training aids. This bag resembles the conventional fanny pack quite a lot but is easier and comfortable to carry around with you.
· The bag is made with nylon and polyester.
· Suitable for people of almost all ages and waist sizes
· It has the capacity to hold 6-8 balls at a time
· The waist measurements for this bag are around 22 inches to 52 inches
· Comes in the turquoise color
· Makes it easier to carry pickleball
· Very lightweight and portable
· Attractive and comfortable design
· Durable and reliable fabric
· There is no closure to keep the ball in when not wearing
· May bounce if you are playing really fast
Buying Guide For Pickleball Training Aids
Now that we know all about the best pickleball training aids, it is time to bring you a detailed guide that will help you a lot whenever you are purchasing pickleball-related training aids. So, let’s get straight to it.
Whether you are buying a ball holder or a net, it is very important to always check what material it is made of. The material should be very reliable and durable; only then your pickleball training aids would last you for a couple of years.
Material plays a key role in deciding whether the training aids you have will be efficient enough or not. Also, when talking about nets, holders, and other aids, it is really crucial that you buy the ones with the finest material; otherwise, you will end up getting the ones with really low quality.
The size of pickleball training aids completely depends upon for whom you are buying the aids. Make sure to go through the instructions of the particular product to see that for which age group it is made and then buy it accordingly.
If you are buying the training aids for a kid, make sure that they are lightweight and not bulky at all because they can actually be a bummer otherwise. When buying training aids for professionals, make sure to go for the average size to get the most out of it.
Price plays a very important role in deciding whether you are buying the right type of pickleball training aids or not. Make sure that you are not investing a lot of money in your aids because there are so many economical options available out there that are durable too.
So, it is better to go for things that don’t cost you an arm and a leg instead of picking something that clearly is expensive but not efficient at all. If you are on a budget, there are some great options of pickleball training aids on our list, too, so you can pick them as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1: What is the equipment required in pickleball?
Ans: You don’t need a lot of equipment to play pickleball, and it hardly requires nets, court, ball and a holder along with paddle as well. These are the absolute essentials for training and help a lot with better practice.
Q.2: How big should a pickleball court should be?
Ans: Ans: Pickleball court usually is not that big enough, but it still is more than enough to play the game comfortably. The width of the pickleball court is 20 feet in width, and when it comes to length, it is 40 feet.
Q.3: Can a pickleball net withstand aggressive shots?
Yes, if the net you have picked is of high quality, then it will be able to withstand aggressive shots. We have listed some very hardcore nets in the list that will make it easier for you to play pickleball without worrying about damaged nets.
Now that we have gone through each and every pickleball training aids, we hope that you found the best ones for you. The top 7 training aids listed above are one of the finest ones you can get in the market, and they totally transform your game for good.
Make sure to always buy high-quality pickleball training aids because they last you for a long time, and you don’t have to worry about them wearing out. Also, consider the top 3 best training aids we have added in this guide because they are the best among the best.
Best of luck with your pickleball training!